Lumpy Cream Cheese

Decorating By washipaper Updated 15 Feb 2007 , 3:26pm by mlynnb

washipaper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
washipaper Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 10:08am
post #1 of 6

Cream chese is not my friend and tonight is no different. I am trying to incorporate raspberry jam, cream cheese, and whip topping into a filling. No matter how much I am whipping with my KA the ingredients I can not get the little lumps out of the mixture. Any suggestions on what to do so I don't throw out the batch.

TIA - Joan

5 replies
knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 10:28am
post #2 of 6

The thing with cream cheese is that in order for it to be whipped smooth, it needs to be either room temp or even slightly warmer first.

Beat the crap out of it first and get it reeeeallly smooth, then add your other ingredients slowly.

What about a food processor spin? Would that totally wreck your filling? That's all I can think of to get it smooth after everything's already in there.

Or you could possibly chill the whole thing, and then re-whip?

HTH,
--Knox--

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 6

I wouldn't put back into the fridge. if anything, let it warm up and then re-whip. Cream cheese won't get smooth unless it is warm, as knoxcop said.

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 6

I made that same filling this past weekend but with raspberry. It was delicious BTW icon_smile.gif

I never remember to take my cream cheese out and let it warm to room temp, so I always put it in tghe m,icrowave till its soft... doesn't take much... and don't overheat it... but I warm it slightly, then combine and it mixes nice and smooth.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 6

Throw it in the micro for a few seconds and then try re-beating...that should take care those pesky lumps.

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 6

If my cream cheese ever looks lumpy, I throw it in the food processor...always gets the lumps out! HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%