3Dozen Cup Cakes...

Business By jobert Updated 17 Nov 2005 , 3:43pm by jobert

jobert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobert Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 7

I need s little help. I'm new to the biz icon_smile.gif
I have been asked for 3 dozen cupcakes, 3 different flavors for a birthday party. How much should I charge???

6 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 7

Hi jobert...welcome to cakecentral! The issue of pricing comes up a lot on here. To help answer your question, you might want to post more info regarding the decorations. The more complicated the decorations, the more you would charge. The area you live is also a bit of a determining factor!!

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:11am
post #3 of 7

I charge $15/dozen but they have a lot of frosting....look at my pics. People are hesitant about paying a lot for cupcakes, so you have to have in mind how much they are willing to pay.

Berta

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 5:31am
post #4 of 7

I charge a little more for indv. decoracted cupcakes b/c they take me forever....esp if they want each cupcake to be decorated.

if they just want a cupcake cake...i charge the same as my reg. cakes that would feed the same amount of people.

hope that helps.

jobert Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 7

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. She wants individually decorated cupcakes. Winter wonderland themed. So i thought I would make molded white snow flakes and add edible glitter to make them look more like snow.

Thanks again!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 7

I would charge roughly the same as individual cupcakes for a wedding...they start at about $1.25 each and go up from there and considering that she wants each cupcake to be decorated in a winter theme...that would be at least $45.00 @ $1.25 but like someone has already mentioned..most people won't pay that for cupcakes.I wouldn't do it for any less!! Those little cupcakes take more time than a regular iced cake!!

jobert Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, thats what I was thinking $1- $1.50 per cupcake but it seemed lie alot. Well, I will have to ask the buyer and feel it out! Thanks so much Kiddie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%