Jewels On Cookies....

Baking By yankeegal Updated 15 Feb 2007 , 7:54pm by kincaellan

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 16

I have been asked to do tiaras for a birthday party. Customer wants more of a "bridal, delicate" look-not the crown one. I have my cookie design all set, just looking for a way to create "jewels" or the "sequin" look on it. Any ideas all of you great cookie decorators?

15 replies
Lindsayu83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsayu83 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 16

Sanding sugar or sugar flakes maybe put on with piping gel. I've never tried it, but If I had to this is probably what i'd do.

braggmama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
braggmama2 Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 16

Are we still allowed to use dragees?

DelectableCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelectableCreations Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 16

that is so neat! thanks for the great idea!

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 16

Yes, PLEASE let us know how you like them! I wonder how they taste and what they're like to bite into on a cookie. Also, are the sizes good for cookies. I thought about ordering some, but at 1/4" thick, I thought I'd wait to see what you think.

Tscookies Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 16

I wonder if you could make your own out of the ingredients you use to make suckers ... or blown sugar. Has anyone tried this yet?

Lindsayu83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsayu83 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 16

If you could find a small mold, I'm sure that you could make them out of candy... its just about finding or making the mold. I did some more searching, and I just couldn't find any small edible rhinestones or jewels. Someone should really make them and market them... any takers!?

Tscookies Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 16

That site is gorgeous!! But I've heard piping gel doesn't set hard enough for packaging cookies. Any other suggestions?

I think the jewels on her jeweled rings look really nice just with the luster dust. I wonder what they're made of underneath the dust though?

Lambshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lambshack Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:47pm
post #9 of 16

I used crushed Jolly Ranchers for the 'treasure' in my pirate cake. They looked great because the cracked edges were even more sparkly than the whole candy pieces. I also added tiny fondant balls to a store-bought plastic crown and painted them with pink luster dust and then added a sprinkling of sparkle (glitter) dust - NOT the flake kind. That turned out really pretty and very delicate looking. Its on the pink pillow cake in my pics if you want to see how 'jewel-like' they looked.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 16

Lambshack-your cakes are terrific! I love the way that treasure looks and will most definitely keep the picture for when I need to do one!

yankeegal Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 16

You all rock!!! I knew that there would be lots of solutions offered...
I ordered some pink ones-if they end up not being the right dimensions I need, (I haven't decided on the size of the cookies yet) I think I will use Lambshack's fondant with luster dust method.(Your cakes are amazing by the way!!!) For future reference I will look into Chef Jeff's candies.
Thank you all very much!!!

kincaellan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kincaellan Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:38pm
post #12 of 16

Yep, I've got em.
They are 100% isomalt so they stand up well in most conditions and they take colouring really well with lustre dust. There are pictures and dimensions on the site in the premade items area.

I can get them there faster but it costs more.

I think RisqueBusiness's got held up in customs
cause they looked so real. LOL

www.kincaellan.com

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kincaellan

Yep, I've got em.
They are 100% isomalt so they stand up well in most conditions and they take colouring really well with . There are pictures and dimensions on the site in the premade items area.

I can get them there faster but it costs more.

I think RisqueBusiness's got held up in customs
cause they looked so real. LOL

www.kincaellan.com

I am dripping in them as I type! lol...they are awesome and smaller than the ones already out there...

yankeegal Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 6:00pm
post #14 of 16

Just checked out your site-all I can say is WOW!!!!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 6:22pm
post #15 of 16

what about using rock candy and breaking it up? I don't know if you will get the shapes you are looking for but it might work. Just a thought!

kincaellan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kincaellan Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:54pm
post #16 of 16

I'm soooooo glad you like them.
I can't believe it took so long for them to arrive though. Let me know when you post the pictures of what you use them for!

Off to work now, I have creme caramel cake, bailey's italian buttercream filled tortes, and honey roasted coconut balls covered in milk chocolate to make.
Plus 900 gumpaste leaves for an order.
YEAH! (you know i'm going to be taking some coconut chocolates home...heheheh)

www.kincaellan.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%