Kandy Klay

Decorating By notsoperfectcakes Updated 12 Nov 2005 , 1:26am by mpitrelli

notsoperfectcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notsoperfectcakes Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used Kandy Klay? I am hoping to be making a baby shower cake one with the clothes line and the clothes hanging from it.I wasn'ed to make the clothes out of the kandy klay figuring it'll taste better than fondant....Just was wondering what it is like?
audrey
[email protected]

7 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 8

Good question! I've been wondering about Kandy Klay myself! I saw it at Michael's the other day. I was wondering how it tastes and if it is just a Wilton product or if other companies make it?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 8

Kandy Klay is just a Wilton product I believe.

Each color is a different flavor. Kids like it, but others may find it sweet. I want to say I have only seen it in darker more primary colors, and not pastels.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 12:09am
post #4 of 8

icon_smile.gif I have used Candy Clay so many times... it is also called
Chocolate Leather or Chocolate Plastic...

It is one bag Candy Melts (14 oz) and 1/3 cup light Corn syrup... Melt the Candy melts and syrup together..

YOu can make almost anything out of it... FLowers, Bows or you can use it to cover a whole cake. What you can do with FOndant, you can do with Candy Clay... use it, it is very easy...I've always made it myself. Ididn;t know they sell it already made.. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 2:48am
post #5 of 8

Candy clay tastes great especially the homemade with white candy melts. The Wilton premade tastes like candy...almost like an airhead but not so strong or tart. It's really easy to roll out and cut shapes.

Have you seen the Wilton people cutters? The set has clothing cutters that would be perfect for baby clothes.

katiedeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiedeva Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 8

Do either the pre-made kandy klay or the homemade kind harden at all or does it stay soft??

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 Nov 2005 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 8

The premade does stiffen if you leave it out to dry.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 1:26am
post #8 of 8

I use the homemade. I just got done doing a cake with the homemade kandy klay that I made little tools to put on the cake. I like it because you can flavor it how you like. I made the milk chocolate and flavored it cherry and it was good. I also used the white chocolate to make roses and flavored them pepperment. It is easy to make homemade so I would do this before Buying it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%