Idea For A Gift Box Filled With Truffles

Decorating By cb_one Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 6:30pm by fearlessbaker

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:53am
post #1 of 5

I posted this in the "Cake Decorating" FOrum as well.

Hey everyone! I was going to make a Gift Box cake for my Mother for V-Day, and a doz. Truffles. I then got the idea of combining them.

Has anyone ever done this? What I was looking for was the Gift Box design, but maybe cutting a well of some sort to fill with Truffles.

4 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 10:44am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_one

I posted this in the "Cake Decorating" FOrum as well.

Hey everyone! I was going to make a Gift Box cake for my Mother for V-Day, and a doz. Truffles. I then got the idea of combining them.

Has anyone ever done this? What I was looking for was the Gift Box design, but maybe cutting a well of some sort to fill with Truffles.

cb_one
koko4min made this one

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-110753.html

it's gorgeous
is this what you're after?

cheers
Nati

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 5

It's beautiful! I'm going to have to send a PM....

Thanks!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 5

If you have time to get the supplies, you could --

Get a rose bud mold lollipop mold. Coat the wells with chocolate. Allow to harden. Fill with the truffle ganache, almost to the top. Add plastic stem or long lollipop stick. Refrigerate until hard. Of course, make a dozen. Cover with cellophane bags.

Then take them to a local independent florist and ask them to make them into an arrangement with some greens and baby's breath, in one of those clear long-stemmed rose boxes with a great bow on top.

JMO.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 5

I have different sizes of candy molds some the same size as a regular box. I fill these with truffles. My favorites are the heart shaped candy box molds. They are quite beautiful when finished. I think the name of the company is Candyland Crafts. If you are interested I can search the site out for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%