Cali4Dawn...

Decorating By nejiad Updated 25 Mar 2005 , 12:24am by GHOST_USER_NAME

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 13

I MADE MY BCT LAST NIGHT WHIT THE RECIPE THAT YOU GAVE US AND IT WAS PERFECT!! BUT WHEN I TRIED TO PUT ON THE CAKE,I COULDN"T TAKE THE WAX PAPER FROM THE PICTURE BECAUSE IT STICKS,AND I COULD'T USE IT, ANY SUGESTIONS,WHAT DID I DO WRONG,??? icon_cry.gifHELP PLEASE.

12 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 13

Did you leave it out of the freezer too long before placing it on the cake? 9 times out of 10 this is the problem.

You must have the cake ready for the transfer (iced and ready) before taking it out of the freezer.

Have the cake ready, remove from freezer, flip on to cake, remove wax paper... this should all take less then 1 minute- tops... actually 30 seconds, which is a very long time when you stand and watch a clock.

It takes no time for BC to start thawing. It cannot be thawed at all and successfully remove the paper.

You 'll need to give me more detail if this isn't the case.

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 13

yes my cake was ready ,i also put the picture over the cake and when i was going to take the wax paper the picture sticks in the papaer ,so removed the picture from the cake and i put a picture in rice paper i don't know what i did wrong. icon_cry.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 13

Are you using generic wax paper or the name brand like Reynolds? There is another thread somewhere where the person found that it was cheap wax paper that was the issue.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 11:02am
post #5 of 13

Thanks mouse, that was going to be my next suggestion. Also, if you can't get a good wax paper, try parchment.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 13

cali4dawn, the same thing with the BCT sticking happened to me last night. I tried it 4 times! The bag even popped and icing went everywhere, needless to say this was 1am icon_confused.gif .

I used the name brand was paper in the store (cut-rite?) and it wouldn't freeze hard enough. After an hour it was still the same as I put it in. Ok, what am I doing wrong. It must be my recipe. Please help me!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks mouse

Your welcome- know that you have been busy.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:46pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchelle

cali4dawn, the same thing with the BCT sticking happened to me last night. I tried it 4 times! The bag even popped and icing went everywhere, needless to say this was 1am icon_confused.gif .

I used the name brand was paper in the store (cut-rite?) and it wouldn't freeze hard enough. After an hour it was still the same as I put it in. OK, what am I doing wrong. It must be my recipe. Please help me!

OK- I know others leave them in for an hour and even 30 minutes, but I've not had any luck with that. I leave mine in the freezer no less that 90 minutes and actually overnight is best.

If you are using a butter recipe, cut-rite brand should be good. If you are using an all shortening recipe, try parchment paper instead.

I've never done this, but someone once told me they spread a thin (invisible) layer of Crisco on the wax paper before doing the BCT and it peeled off great.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 13

crisco on the paper didnt help me..... I am almost 100 percent sure it was me.... I am such a ditz sometimes...but I want to try the glaze thing this weekend.... we will see!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:51pm
post #10 of 13

crisco on the paper didnt help me..... I am almost 100 percent sure it was me.... I am such a ditz sometimes...but I want to try the glaze thing this weekend.... we will see!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 11:11pm
post #11 of 13

You'll like the glaze better anyway.... I think it looks nicer.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 12:14am
post #12 of 13

Are the directions for the glazing in the tutorials? I was going to try the BCT but am very curious about the glazing. Cali4Dawn is so full of such great info-tried my 1st cupcake cake for my daughters office birthday-posted it on the forum-really quite pleased with the process! Thanks Dawn for your info and encouragement you give to everyone!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 12:24am
post #13 of 13

Yes, you can go to my webshots page and look for the transfers album. It covers BCTs, Chocolate and Glaze.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cali4dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%