2 Different Cake Flavors....1 Cake...how Do I?

Decorating By colocak Updated 8 Nov 2005 , 7:50pm by colocak

colocak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colocak Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a 1/2 sheet cake and they want 1/2 of it to be one flavor and the other half to be another flavor....how can I do this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I would like to keep it as one whole cake if I can.

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

Bridget

4 replies
SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 5

Only thing I can think of is to place some sort of barrier in the middle, pour one kind then pour the other kind in the other half, and remove the barrier. Or have you and someone else pour at the exact same time. I did the green baby shower cake of mine half butter pecan and half chocolate. Both cakes were baked seperate and put together, which resulted in the not so straight cake. lol

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 5

There was a post about this earlier last week. Someone mentioned putting a piece of cardboard covered in foil between the different flavors. When you pull the cardboard out there might be a little mixing but not much.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 5

no problemo

Mix up your first flavor (white) and put something under your pan to tilt it on a slant. Pour it into your prepared pan. Mix your second flavor (choc) in the same bowl (less clean up and the small amount of the first flavor in the mixing bowl won't matter) Place baking pan on flat surface and pour other mix in the other side. They will run to the center and "meet" each other. Bake as usual.

Some people make a cardboard divider and cover it with foil. and pour both in and remove the divider before baking.

either way is fine.

colocak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colocak Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses icon_smile.gif I can't wait to make it now!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%