Putting Red Roses On Cake

Decorating By blissful Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 4:36am by brcorlew

blissful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissful Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 5

A bride wants a 3 tiered cake covered in fondant. Between the layers she wants real red roses. Can I place the roses right on the fondant, or would they bleed onto the fondant? Also, how long would the roses last if they are not in water?
Thanks for your help

4 replies
paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:24am
post #2 of 5

Red roses won't stain fondant. Put the roses at the last minute posible, the will stay as good as new for the best part of the party, I'll say if you set them at 5 pm they will be perfect untill maybe 1 am then they start to "Sleep" but is ok cause is a very slow.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:26am
post #3 of 5

Most of my brides are opting for real roses. Never had a bleeding problem. There are a number of pics in my gallery if you want to take a look.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:25am
post #4 of 5

you can get water holders to put the flowers into.

brcorlew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brcorlew Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 4:36am
post #5 of 5

I just did a cake similar to what your doing last summer. My tiers were all seperate, but the bride wanted white fondant with fresh red roses on the top of each cake (see my photos). I used water picks for the roses and then filled in the gaps with rose petals. I put the flowers on at the last minute and they made it through the entire reception. Never had a problem with bleeding either. Good Luck to you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%