Help! Cookie Emergency

Baking By darby822 Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 1:55am by Tscookies

darby822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darby822 Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 6

I am working on two cookie bouquets. They were originally due tomorrow afternoon and while I was decorating the cookies this morning my customer called and said she needs to pick them up this afternoon because they need to leave town early.

This is my first time making cookie bouquets. I had read several posts where people said they glued the stick on the back of the cookie with royal icing. I've tried that and the stick keeps falling off. Does anyone have any pointers? My cookies are due in an hour and a half so I am freaking out!

Thanks

5 replies
cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 6

hot glue maybe? lol kidding.... are you not letting them dry long enough? the RI SHOULD be working... unless your using an RI with corn syrup in it... then you are SOL. merigue powder based RI will harden but you may need to put them under a warm fan or blowdryer to get them dried before they show up! good luck!

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 6

Royal will take a long time to dry completley. If you have any candy melts laying around I would use that and then pop them in the freezer for a little bit. It will hold the cookies on tight and dry really quickly for you. Good luck!

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 6

I've read about some people who glue (with real glue icon_lol.gif not RI) the stick to the bag that is packaging the cookie. Maybe you could try that as it'll dry fast and you won't have to wait as long.

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

So did you make it?!?!?!??!

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 1:55am
post #6 of 6

I hope they turned out for you. You sure are nice to accommodate her on such late notice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%