Where To Buy Boxes And Boards

Business By abbey Updated 14 Nov 2005 , 1:06am by blittle6

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 21

Where do most of you purchase your boxes and boards? I would really like to get the best deal possible and I don't mind buying a large quantity but I've been looking a websites all morning and just trying to decide what's the best deal. Anybody have a favorite site you purchase these items from. I also am going to need some of these quickly so if you've used someone with a good turn around time that would be helpful to know as well.

Thanks so much for the help!!

20 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 21

I get mine at a local cake supply store..I did get quite a few boards at Hobby Lobby when they had everything half price..I don't like the boxes at Michael's because they are not very sturdy....

I think you can order them off the web, but I checked into it and the shipping made them really expensive...HTH

Cindy

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 21

I buy most of mine at Hobby Lobby. They're about $3.00 for the big ones with windows but go down in price from there. The small square (pies fit great in this one) are about $.97.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 21

....have you tried www.papermart.com ?

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 21

I purchase my boards at Hobby Lobby, too. I've been bugging my husband or my oldest son to make me some out of plywood -- hasn't happened yet.

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 21

I got nice deal in AC Moore.

Nitu

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 21

I usually buy my during the Wilton Tent Sale by me. Everything is 50-75% off. I stock up on what I think I may need.

I also look for the coupons/sales that Micheals or Hobby Lobby has.

PerryStCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PerryStCakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 21

I order a lot of stuff from www.cakedeco.com

They have web deals & sales pretty often.

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 4:06pm
post #9 of 21

I buy my boxes/boards at If It's Paper. They're MUCH cheaper than the craft stores and really good quality. I'm not sure where you are in NC, I'm originally from Greensboro and I know they have on there. Although, it's been 10 years since I lived there so I couldn't tell you where the store is now! HTH

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 9:00pm
post #10 of 21

I have been pricing boards and boxes this morning and the best I can find is www.papermart.com. Their prices are good and the shipping 1/2 of what I found at other places.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 21

I always shop around....try www.instawares.com www.restockit.com www.countrykitchensa.com

I have ordered from papermart and had no problems.

Berta

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 9:19pm
post #12 of 21

I buy all of my boxes and boards at a cake supply store when I'm in Memphis. I try not to order them online because the shipping costs are so much, especially with the large sheet cake boxes.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 21

I buy mine from Sugarcraft. Fast shipping whether you need just a couple or 50.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 4:25pm
post #14 of 21

you might call some of your local box stores...many carry bakery boxes and boards. Also they are usually better quality than those you find at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. If you are looking for heavier boards...Home depot ans Loews can cut scrap wood to size for really cheap.

Does anyone know where you can order the plastic cupcake holders??? I get tired of going to Kroger...they tell me they can only sell me 1 or 2.

blittle6 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 5:43pm
post #15 of 21

The website listed above carries them or they use to....Also try

http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/cupcakecont.htm

I buy the cupcake inserts from CK products. you put them in a cake box and they hold your cupcakes in place. I really like those!

Berta

blittle6 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 5:45pm
post #16 of 21

Here is the picture:
LL

traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 6:48pm
post #17 of 21

Thank-you blittle6...I think I will order the plastic ones. I have been looking for something like that. icon_smile.gif

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 7:42pm
post #18 of 21

Thanks blittle. what are these called? the link just shows hinged clear plastic cupcake containers like the grocery store uses.

blittle6 Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 9:40pm
post #19 of 21

They called them cupcake inserts on the www.countrkitchensa.com site. That is the only place I have ever seen them (CK Products)

Berta

traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 11:42pm
post #20 of 21

blittle6....are the clear plastic hinged cupcake boxes like the ones that they sell at the grocery store bakeries??? That is what I am looking for. The one from Ck is neat though. icon_smile.gif

blittle6 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 1:06am
post #21 of 21

The ones here are:

http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/cupcakecont.htm

They come in a big quantity though. If you use them a lot they are worth it.

Berta

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%