Cookies From Whimsical Bakehouse!!!

Baking By blittle6 Updated 31 Oct 2005 , 2:41pm by Lisa

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 7

This book is released tomorrow!!! I have it on preorder at Amazon.com so I should get it this week! I can't wait!!!!!

Berta

6 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 7

Ooooh...didn't even know there was such a book. Thanks for the heads up!!

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

Are you talking about the Christmas one?

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 7

Anybody ever been to the Riviera Bakehouse? The daughter (the one who orgininated the chocolate piping mehtod) no longer works there. But they still do that work a bit. But their cakes and cookies are just outta this world.

But I'll definitely be looking for this book for Christmas. Is it actually Christmas cookies or just an assortment of all kind or cutouts.

Mel

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 7

The description says:

Come holiday time, theres no better way to celebrate than by baking up some special cookies. In Christmas Cookies from the Whimsical Bakehouse, mother-daughter bakers Kaye and Liv Hansen share their most enchanting cookies, from simple to showstoppingly beautiful. These irresistibly pretty cookies are perfect for snacking and gifting, decorating the tree, and, of course, leaving for Santa.

And they are definitely not your grandmothers cookies! With both classic and creative flavor combinations and adorable designs, the Hansens cookies have been pleasing loyal customers at their cozy upstate New York bakery for years. Now they bring their customers favorite recipes home to you. Kaye handles the baking, imbuing the cookies with the traditional flavors of Christmas, like cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla, but also more modern touches like coconut, chocolate, and pistachio. Her daughter, Liv, provides the artistic flair, using innovative techniques and plenty of colored (yes, colored!) chocolate to yield truly special cookie creations that look as good as they taste.

All of the Hansens best cookie creations are here, from simple roll-and-slice cookies to bars and cutouts, including Coconut Dreams, Chocolate Pecan Rounds, and Creamy Christmas Butter Cookies, as well as step-by-step instructions for making truly impressive decorations. Imagine a dazzling 3-D Christmas cookie tree decked with silver dragées, or a breathtaking gingerbread house. From chewy Apricot-Chocolate Triangles to tangy Lemon Drop Cookies, Christmas Cookies from the Whimsical Bakehouse is a fanciful, fabulous take on everyones favorite holiday treat.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 7

I saw the book last night on Amazon. It a good deal on Overstock.com also. I think it's going to have to go in my shopping cart!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 7

I saw it on Amazon too...love their decorating style! I'll be getting it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%