All Star Chocolate On Food Network

Decorating By cindy6250 Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 12:20am by bethola

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 7

Did anyone else see this special last night? Nigella Lawson made some brownies that looked absolutley decadent!! There were several celebs who made chocolate desserts. I went to the website and printed off a couple of the recipes. Several of the cooks made Ganache!! Barefoot Contessa made Truffles and I am definitely going to try her recipe. She added coffee and liqueur to her ganache, yum! She used Grand Marnier, but I have some Godiva which sounds even better.

Also, Paula Dean's Home Cooking show had a recipe for 3 chocolate, chocolate chip cookies that sounded really good too.

You can go to Foodnetwork.com and find all of the recipes.

Cindy

6 replies
sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:02am
post #2 of 7

Thanks! I didn't catch it, but I did watch the Chocolate Challenge last night. Reallly awesome dresses made with 75% visible chocolate.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:05am
post #3 of 7

I've used that brownie recipe that Nigella Lawson demonstrated...it is pure cocoa divinity.

cindy6250 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:06am
post #4 of 7

They have been rerunning the Chocolate shows all week. I made the Chocolate Truffles that The Barefoot Contessa made and they are wonderful and so easy to make.

Cindy

cindy6250 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:08am
post #5 of 7

Karen, I printed that recipe off of the Foodnetwork but haven't made them yet....Now I am really going to make them!! Thanks.

Cindy

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:10am
post #6 of 7

I didn't watch them, I had seen them when they were first broadcast. But I did watch a new challenge "Chocolate Runway" where the pastry chefs made wearable chocolate art. The flappers dress with rows of chocolate beads that moved as the model walked was amazing, I loved it.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 12:20am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I didn't watch them, I had seen them when they were first broadcast. But I did watch a new challenge "Chocolate Runway" where the pastry chefs made wearable chocolate art. The flappers dress with rows of chocolate beads that moved as the model walked was amazing, I loved it.

Didn't you just LOVE it? Martin and Vincent are usually my favs; but this time.....the flapper dress was the clear winner for me. I know, I know, he didn't have a head piece, but, the SHOES were awesome too! Vincent's work was incredible too, but, I think because he actually completed all the elements of his design is why he won....don't you Shirley?

Beth in Ky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%