Ot - I Can't Believe What I Just Got Myself Into!!

Lounge By sugartopped Updated 1 Nov 2005 , 4:12pm by debsuewoo

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:33am
post #1 of 15

I'm a big sister w/big brothers big sisters. Well my little sister (14 yrs old) wants to have a new year's sleepover.....her mom won't do it...her grandma won't do it....neither will her aunt!! icon_cry.gif And that's how the conversation started!!! You'd think I get the hint right there and know to STAY AWAY and end the conversation right there.....well...no, not me ...guess I was having a moment of weakness and she could tell icon_confused.gif

I have now somehow volunteered to host a New Year's Slumber Party for 8-10 (13-15 yr old girls)!!!! With a Scavenger Hunt!!! icon_eek.gif

When Kiera told her mom, she just shock her head at me and w/a big ol grin said...."poor thing...shoulda talked to me first!!"

She's already talking about the invitations, what food she wants to have, who she's gonna invite!! OH MY!!! I did tell her that SHE has to make and plan EVERYTHING herself...I will only give minimal guidance and offer my living room floor for them sleep on!!! Party plans werent as extravagent then!! icon_lol.gif

I'm still glad her mom is paying for it though!! I'm sure I will still have my hands full....gonna have to find MYSELF some volunteers to help. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

14 replies
s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:41am
post #2 of 15

OWWW Your the sweetest!! I bet you will have fun with all those girls. It will make you remeber how you were when you were 15. Good Luck and have FUN!!!

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:45am
post #3 of 15

Boy oh boy, did you ever get yourself into it. You definetly need some more chaperones. With that many girls and New Year's eve to bat along with a scavenger hunt, you are headed for trouble. lol

And it doesn't end when they go to bed. there will always be one or two who want to sneak out of the house or do something else. You will have to do head counts all night long. Poor thing, maybe you could get sick or something and not be able to do it.

OK, on the up side, they will all be perfect little ladies and be so grateful to you for letting them have their party they will be angels. And you will feel so good that you did this for them.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:45am
post #4 of 15

And of course you will break down and make them a sleep over themed cake..hehe icon_lol.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:55am
post #5 of 15

What a great time you will have!!! And think of the memories you have made with your little sister-you have just hung the moon for her! Just be sure to set up the ground rules first so she can let her friends know-don't embarras her by telling everyone as they get there-let her do it-it will show a sign of respect on both your parts-while you will have to be on your toes-some friends are very sneaky sometimes-I am sure it will be great!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:55am
post #6 of 15

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh my.........I cannot wait to hear how this party turns out.....okay, first thing to remember is what you were like at 15 and then what the girls your mother wouldn't let you hang out with were like.....there will be both at the party!!! More chaperones are definetly going to be needed, you need to have at least 1 with each group of girls for the scavenger hunt...I would suggest only two groups. Having this much time to prepare, I'm sure it will turn out great, but you will definetly need time to recover when it's all over with. Have fun!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 5:24am
post #7 of 15

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with all those girls...not much (if any) sleep, but a wonderful time!

Not to sound like a downer, but a word of caution from an experience with my daughter's last sleepover (years ago now), one of the girls had an asthma attack and her parents had to come get her. Just be sure to have contact info on all the girls, and maybe a first aid kit on hand.

Never heard so much laughing and giggling before or since, though, they had a great time and I was worn out! Janice

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 15

Hopefully your little sister's friends are all polite and behaves!!
AND JUST BE SURE TO LOCK AND HIDE ALL THE ALCOHOL(if you have any)!! Just to be safe. Especially since its new years they might venture to have a drink. icon_wink.gif

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 15

You poor thing. I feel for you!! She's lucky to have you icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 7:34pm
post #10 of 15

OK call me crazy but how much fun is this. I wanta come too!! I love this stuff! I helped a friend of mine with a party for her 12 year old daughter this year. It was a scavenger hunt too. They had soo much fun. We zig zagged them all over town half the night doing stupid stuff before they got settled in for the evening. We had 2 cars with designated drivers, the clues started them a opposite ends of the hunt, hoping they would meet up somewhere along the way. All the clues were riddles and they each had a cell phone they could call for help but it cost them 10 min off their arrival time. While they were out it gave us plunty of time to set up the food. It was like hosting a party without guest for a while! PM me if your looking for ideas for the hunt. Did I mention I love this stuff? Can't wait for my son to get alittle older--he is 3.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 1:58am
post #11 of 15

My daughter also wants to have a sleepover...and her birthday is January 1st!!!! However....she is going to be 8...I think I would rather do it with the older girls!!!! Anyway...my deal with her was that she would have to start sleeping in her room from now until her birthday. She lasted about 2 nights in her room...so I guess we won't be doing a sleepover unless she goes back to her room!!!

Good luck...I am sure it won't be too bad. icon_smile.gif
traci

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:20pm
post #12 of 15

Can feel your pain...I think that I would enjoy doing this as a one time only thing.lol

Good luck and remember to get plenty of rest the night before.

sdfgarcia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfgarcia Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 15

How wonderful for your little sis and her girlfriends that she has a caring adult in her world who is willing to do this for them!!

It will be a long night for you, but will be a chance for a great set of memories for you and for the girls. You're keeping them safe, and off the streets, at a very vulnerable time.

You go, girl!!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 4:01pm
post #14 of 15

oh, how fun!!! (glad its not me hahaha) you could make loaf cakes or little cup cakes and put icing in bags and let them decorate their own dessert...girls would love that...heck i think i boys would too. you could make all kinds of accesories to go on the little cakes ahead of time out of fondant, or buy different kinds of candy. that would occupy them for awhile and they would remember it for a long time.
have fun!!!!
melody

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 4:12pm
post #15 of 15

Ya know.... I remember EXACTLY what I was like when I was 15, and although me and my friends were considered "goody goodies", I just have to ask one simple question....... What form of insanity took over your brain?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%