Last edited: 6/14/11
- Simplest Vanilla cupcake recipeLast edited: 6/7/11
- Strawberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/7/11
- Banana Pudding CupcakesLast edited: 6/7/11
- Winning Banana CupcakesLast edited: 4/4/11
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
How can I get this much "sparkle"??post #1 of 911/1/12 at 10:21amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 911/1/12 at 10:41ampost #3 of 911/1/12 at 11:45am
Holy crap that's a boatload of disco dust. That is not ok to eat. :(*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!post #4 of 911/1/12 at 12:20pm
Could be sparkling sugar and good lighting.Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.post #5 of 911/1/12 at 12:43pmpost #6 of 911/1/12 at 1:12pm
To clarify the person who said that's not OK to eat. Disco dust is plastic. I agree with Leah , you can find very pretty sparkling sugar colors and use a lot of it. I do not put disco dust on anything that someone will consume. Just because Elmers glue is non toxic does not mean I'll use it on a cake;)post #7 of 911/1/12 at 3:26pmpost #8 of 911/1/12 at 4:05pm
It's disco dust. You can just tell. In the parts of the picture that aren't blindingly reflective,you can you still see light bouncing off of...plastic.*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
- How can I get this much "sparkle"??
Cake Central Top Picks
- Simplest Vanilla cupcake recipe
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 1/30/15 45 minutes ago
- › Free cake referral disaster!!! Please help!!! 59 minutes ago
- › Cottage food law 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Boxing tiered cakes for pickup 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › cake/cupcake recipe? 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Where can I buy this? 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › About freezing cake 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › what brand straight sided cake tins do you use and why? 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Problems with the Cooks Illustrated White Cake Recipe 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones