This recipe makes a perfect cookie cake. The cookie is soft, cuts perfectly and is delicious. Everyone loves it when I make it and it always goes FAST. I like to use an eggless cookie dough filling between the layers and drizzle melted chocolate on top. Replace the baking powder with baking soda and bake for 10 minutes to make the BEST super soft chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cups salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant french vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you like… semisweet, chunks, M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 cake pans (bottom and sides), set aside. Sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the instant pudding mix a little at a time until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Cake will be done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful to not overbake.