I wanted to make a chocolate ganache filling and realized I only had one package of chocolate chips. But I DID have a 12 oz. package of WHITE chips. So, I fighured I would use the chocolate with the chocolate layer , and use the white chips with the white cake.
White Chocolate Strawberry ganache
- 1 12 oz. Package white chocolate chips
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream, scalded
- 1 Tbs. of softened butter
- 1/2 package Strawberry or Raspberry jello ( I would think any flavor of your choosing would do )
- 1. Pour white chips into medium sized bowl. ( I use metal because it seems to hasten the cooling process.
- 2. Heat 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream to the boiling point.
- 3.Pour cream and sprinkle about 1/2 package of jello ( your choice) over chips. Let stand for a couple of minutes, then stir until chips are melted.
- 4. Place bowl into refrigerator until cooled and thickened ( can be placed in freezer if you are in a hurry.
- 5. Whip with mixer until thick and fluffy enough to spread between cake layers…..
Not considered a “diet” food……..