This cake is a spring/summer time tradition in our family. It is absolute heaven even if you’re not a big pineapple fan. Enjoy y’all!
Tisdale’s Pig Cake
- 2 9″ rounds of your favorite yellow or white cake, cooled, leveled and torted in 1/2 (4 layers total)
- personally like the cake mix Dr.’s basic yellow pound or the Bride’s cake. I am including my own tailored version of the bride’s here)
- Bride’s Cake:
- flour and shortening for pans
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) Duncan Hines plain white cake mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 tbsp. salted Butter, melted
- 2/3 cup liquid eggs (ex. egg beaters etc.)
- 3 Tsp. Real vanilla extract
- 2 x Large tubs of cool whip
- 1 can of crushed pineapple with juice,
- 2 x 4 oz. pkgs of instant vanilla pudding
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour pans
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing just until smooth.(1 minute with an electric mixer, scrape down, then 2 minutes more)
- bake at 350 until springs back when touched approx.27-29 minutes
- For Frosting:
- Combine cool whip, pineapple with juice, and pudding in a large bowl until well mixed. Chill for 10-15 minutes
- Frost cakes generously, then chill till ready to serve. You can garnish with stemmed marachino cherries and/or toasted pecan halves if you’d like.
I've been looking for a pineapple cake recipe like this for awhile. Thanks for posting it! Do you use a large can of pineapple?
Yes use a large can of pineapple. Also if you like a thicker frosting add another box of pudding. Hope you enjoy it !
Login To Leave A Comment