I love anything lemon. So after looking for an intense lemon cake recipe this is what I came up with. For a more intense lemon flavor add the whole can of lemonade concentrate. I poured white chocolate ganache over it but you can add a sugar icing or leave it as is! Enjoy!
Lemonliscious Lemon Cake
- 1 lemon cake mix ( I used Duncan Hines)
1 sm. Box of instant lemon pudding
½ can of frozen lemonade concentrate
1 c. vegetable oil
1 c. sour cream
½ c. water
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan or cake pan.
- In a bowl mix cake mix and pudding together.
- Mix sour cream, oil, eggs, water and lemonade concentrate together. Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, invert onto platter.
- Cool completely, pour white chocolate ganache or sugar glaze over it. Or leave it as is.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Bring cream and butter to boil, add white chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted. Pour into bowl. Let cool but still pourable.
- Pour over lemon cake.
Excellent recipe!!! I have always been reluctant to use boxed mixes, but wanted an intense lemon recipe for baby shower cupcakes.
These turned out spectacular. I ended up frosting with chocolate buttercream. Rave reviews from the shower guests.
I tried this but without the pudding mix and it was so yummy tart and creamy. I brushed on a little of the lemonade concentrate once they cooled.
Making Now as Cupcake for a Rainbow tea!!! My Color is YELLOW! Will let you know how they turn out.
What size can of Lemonade did you use?
I tried this recipe and it was so good thank you so much
Login To Leave A Comment