This is an easy and simple bunt cake to make. It is really moist and delicious because of the pinapple juice in the crushed pineaples. Its topped with a glaze that you can add coconut extract if you want.
Pina Colada Bunt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1(8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple(DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1/3 cups of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs. of coconut extract
- about 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- 1. Combine the cake mix, water, crushed pineapple, oil, eggs, and coconut extract in a large mixing bowl till combined at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Then stir in the shredded coconut.
- 2. Pour into greased bunt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or untill toothpick insurted comes out clean. Cool for 10 min in bunt pan. Release from pan and let cool for extra 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar and milk. If the glaze is not thick enough add more powdered sugar, if the glaze is to thick add more milk. Pour on the warm cake and sprinkle with shredded coconut.