- 225g (8oz) Flour
- 50g (2oz) Lard
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- Â½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- Sieve the flour and salt together into a bowl.
- Cut the fats into 1.5cm (Â½ inch) cubes and rub lightly into flour, lifting the mixture to add air, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and stir in enough water using a knife, until a soft but not sticky pastry is formed.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest in a fridge for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Roll out to the required thickness.
- At this stage the pastry may be frozen if required.
- It should be baked in a preheated oven at between 190Â°C: 375Â°F: Gas 5 or 220Â°C: 425Â°F: Gas 7 depending on thickness and use.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment