So many people have asked me about my durable cake recipe in chocolate so I did a bit of experimenting and think I came up with just the right combination. This chocolate cake is a bit thicker but not overwhelming. It holds up so much better than a regular cake during sculpting. There is less crumbling and the taste is just right.
Durable Cake for 3D in Chocolate
- 1 Duncan Hines Devils Food Chocolate Mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour pans.
- On low speed begin incorporating all ingredients together.
- Once combined, give a very good stir with a spatula making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. Turn mixer to medium and blend well for approximately 2 minutes.
- The batter will be thick but don’t worry – this is normal.
- Spoon equal amounts into pans and using spatula even out the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on oven. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean and top should spring back when pressed.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks.
- Decorate as desired.