A delightful, moist cake that is perfect for the cool days of autumn! With a cup of tea or coffee this makes a nice afternoon snack.
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
2 MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
3 COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
4 BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
5 FOR BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE: HEAT 1/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving.