I played around with several cookie recipes to come up with a base that would work well with many flavors. I have done white chocolate macadamia nut, chocolate chip, and caramel chocolate swirl chip with pecans from this recipe and they came out perfect everytime. The cookies are firm, but still soft and moist.
Anything Goes Cookies
- ·1/2 cup butter, softened
- ·1/2 cup Crisco
- ·3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ·1/2 cup white sugar
- ·2 eggs
- ·1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ·2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ·1 teaspoon baking soda
- ·1/2 teaspoon salt
- ·2 cups mix-ins (chips, nuts, m&ms, etc.)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, crisco, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Add the mix-ins. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment