This is a great filling to go inside a chocolate cake! Any chocolate cake! Then when you cut the cake it tasted like ice cream!
Mint Buttercream Filling
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4-5 tablespoons Milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons OR MORE of peppermint extract
- This is just your regular buttercream frosting recipe. Only use milk! If you use milk it will make it creamy and more of a light texture and ice cream flavor.
- Do NOT add any other flavoring to this recipe, it will cut away the peppermint taste. If you don’t like the peppermint as much then you can add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, that’s all.
- Only use the Peppermint extract. Not the Mint, that is more like a spearmint flavor!
- Color this recipe with a little bit of leaf green to give it that mint color and it really makes it look like ice cream!