I received this recipe from a dear friend who shared these with my daughter one time and since my daughter loved them so much, she gave me the recipe. My friend also continues to send these to my daughter at college!!
Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oil best to use canola or Enova oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (to be even healthier and
- lower in calorie substitute with ½ cup Splenda brown
- sugar blend)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- (Optional add 1 cup dark chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer on low-medium speed, beat together oil and sugar until well blended; add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour the flour mixture into the oil/sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in the oats, raisins, nuts and chocolate chips (if using) by hand. The mixture will be very thick.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons* onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.
- *Or use a teaspoon for smaller, bite size cookies, which makes about 4 dozen cookies. The cooking time will also be 8 to 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. You can keep these in the refrigerator and they last for weeks!!
I don’t have this, but my friend received this recipe from a cardiologist.