Add a little style to your spread with these chocolate mini cupcakes topped with chocolate-dipped vanilla frosting hats. They’re both adorable and delicious! Recipe below
Subscribe to Hungry for more of the best culinary videos on the web!
Follow on Twitter! https://Twitter.com/HungryYouTube
And check us out on Facebook! http://Facebook.com/HungryYouTube
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Hi Hat Cupcake Frosting:
(enough to frost 24 mini or 12 regular size cupcakes)
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large egg whites, room temperature
¼ cup water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. In a stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water, sugar and cream of tartar. Whisk until foamy. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and continue whisking until the egg whites are hot (about 160*F). (3-5 min)
2. Using a heavy duty hand mixer, or a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, and the frosting has cooled to room temperature. This takes about 12 minutes. Use immediately.
3. Using a piping or heavy duty re-sealable bag with the corner cut off, pipe the frosting in swirls onto the cupcakes, until they are tall & pointed on top. Place frosted cupcakes on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before dipping them in melted chocolate.
Chocolate Dipping Ingredients:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
1. Place the chocolate chips and oil in a stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted completely.
2. Pour melted chocolate into a narrow, shallow container, one that still has enough room to dip the frosting in.
3. Working quickly, hold onto the bottom of the cupcake while dipping the frosting into the melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off before placing the cupcake back onto the baking sheet. Holding the cupcake sideways, spoon the melted chocolate over the frosting if your chocolate becomes too shallow to dip the frosting all the way in.
4. Place dipped cupcakes back into the freezer for 10 minutes to help the chocolate set up. Store cupcakes in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Hungry is home to the best culinary videos on the YouTube! Join the party with recipes, how-to guides, big personalities, and plenty of flavor! Whether you’re grilling, baking, frying, or just looking for inspiration, we have something delicious for everyone. Satisfy your hunger by clicking the subscribe link below:
Check out our other shows and get to know our awesome hosts:
How to Bake It in Hollywood with Ashley Adams: http://bit.ly/ZLPj09
Secrets of a Food Stylist with Megan Mitchell: http://bit.ly/YgZ63o
Gluten Free with Alex T: http://bit.ly/XqRGsP
Grill This with Nathan Lippy: http://bit.ly/OGuMHm
Casserole Queens with Sandy Pollock and Crystal Cook: http://bit.ly/No9ml5
Midnight Munchies with the Brothers Green: http://bit.ly/RLLFiH
Thank you❗Sounds really neat!kind of like a cupcake version of a dipped ice cream swirl cone!I am rather new at baking &I was wondering if food colour,vanilla+another flavour like for example mint could be added&is this the same as 7 minute frosting?my mom said I used to love that wheni was little.