My husband is a blueberry fanatic so I created this blueberry cake for him. It was based off of a similar strawberry cake that starts with a box of white cake mix. Please let me know what you think and if you find any good variations for filling/frosting, etc. Also if you have more specifics on the cooking times since I did not keep track of how long it took exactly. Thanks for looking! I wanted to keep experimenting with this but mentioned it on a post and got requests for the recipe so figured I should get it up here.
Indigojods’ Blueberry Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 sm. package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- approx. 2 cups of fresh blueberries (divided – 1 cup to puree, 1 cup whole).
- small amount of flour
Frosting/Filling – I used store bought cream cheese filling and made my own vanilla buttercream and that was a great combo.
- As per DH box insructions: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Now, puree about 1 cup of the blueberries and beat again.
- Next, throw the 1 cup of whole blueberries into a ziploc bag with a teaspoon or so of flour (just enough to coat) and shake until coated. This will help keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake. Fold gently into the cake.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees following the normal Wilton timing instructions based on pan size. Sorry – I winged this and didn’t time it! Here is some of the wilton info:
- 6 inch = 25 – 30 mins
- 8 inch = 30 – 35 mins
- 10 inch = 35 – 40 mins
- If I remember correctly it took a bit longer than those times, so check right before and eyeball it.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment