This makes a very colorful, festive cake for any holiday or birthday!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 smal box Jello (flavor desired)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- In a mixing bowl, sift 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, flour, baking powder and gelatin together.
- In another bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil and lemon extract.
- Beat the liquids into the dry ingredients until batter is smooth. Beat egg yolks one at a time, into the batter. Whip egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff, but not dry. Fold the egg whites lightly but thoroughly into the batter.
- Grease a bundt pan with vegetable shortening and dust with flour, (or use pan grease). Spoon batter into pan and bake at 325 Degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch. Turn out immediately onto a wire rack.
This is so amazingly fluffy!!!! Loooved it!
Is jello another name for jelly, the flavoured dessert you mix with water, it has sugar and gelatine and flavour, and it sets as a clear gelatine dessert in a bowl, that you have put in the fridge? Just trying to work out our different terminology:)
@kiwigal81: yes it is the same thing, flavored jelly, which comes in many flavors. Jello-O is a brand name by Kraftfoods.
Login To Leave A Comment