These are yummy chocolate cookies with a peanut butter filling. They never last long.
Magic in the Middle
1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar (and extra for dipping)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (2 3/8) ounces smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup confectionersâ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- To make the dough: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In another medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg, beating to combine, then stir in the dry ingredients, blending well.
- To make the filling: In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter and confectionersâ sugar until smooth. With floured hands, roll the filling into 32 one-inch balls.
- To shape the cookies: Break off about 1 tablespoon of the dough, make an indentation in the center with your finger, and press one of the peanut butter balls into the indentation. Bring the dough up and over the filling, pressing it closed; roll the cookie in the palms of your hand to smooth it out. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Grease the bottom of a drinking glass and use it to flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, until theyâre set. Remove them from the oven and cool on a rack.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment