This medium is good for making flowers & decorations. It sets harder than regular fondant with cellogen and it is less likely to be affected by humidity. **Please note ** Measurements have been made with Australian standards – please check conversions into US.
- 250g pure icing sugar
- 3 level tspn cellogen
1 heaped tspn pure glucose (the extra thick kind)
- 2 tspn copha
- 35ml boiling water
- Mix icing sugar & cellogen in bowl making sure cellogen is fully blended.
- In a separate bowl, place glucose, copha & pour boiling water over top. Stir until all the copha & glucose have dissolved.
- Add liquid to icing mixture and mix roughly.
- Turn out onto a sugared surface & need/mix until combined & smooth. By the time you finish it should resemble regular fondant.
- Store wrapped in airtight bag/container.
- This paste dries out fairly fast… only break off what you need to use and keep rest covered. Once dried it is very hard and will shatter if dropped.
I doubt that there is acutally any nutrition in this! )