Prinsesstårta is the most popular cake in Sweden and it is party cake as well as wedding cake. It is made of 3 layers of light sponge spread with a thick layer of sieved raspberry jam and sandwiched together with custard cream mixed with whipped cream. You spread whipped cream on top to make the top slightly high and curvy and cover the whole thing with lemon green marzipan and decorate with a dark pink marzipan rose on top.
Princesstorta from Sweden
- 3 layers of light sponge 8 inch in diameter
- 2 dl sieved raspberry jam
- 1 cup custard cream of buttercream consistency mixed with 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup whipped cream to spread on the 3rd(top) layer
- rolled out lemon green marzipan circle 14 inch in diameter
- one marzipan rose and two or 3 marzipan leaves
- 1 tbs icing sugar to dust on top
- Place the bottom layer on a cake board and spread it with half the jam. Cover with half of the custard cream mixture. place the second layer on it and repeat the process. Cover with the 3rd layer and spread with the whipped cream. Please remember that it should be high in the middle and not flat.
- Then cover the whole thing with marzipan circle and tuck the egdes neatly underneath.
- Dust the top with icing sugar with the help of a sieve so that it spreads evenly on the cake. Place the marzipan rose and the leaves.