This is a modified version of an old family recipe – Lower in calories, but you would not know that difference – Very easy & delicious – You may alter how you dress the cake after it is baked, like placing crushed strawberries inbetween layers & frosting with cool whip – Or what ever your imagnation came think of.
Easy Strawberry Cake
- 1 White Cake mix
- 1 large box Strawberry Jello(or 2 small)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup strawberry juice(crush strawberries through a strainer)
- 1/2 water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- Strawberry juice
- 1/2 tbl melted margarine(optional)
- Blend the cake mix & jello together – Add the rest of the ingredients – mix according the box directions. Spray 3 8 or 9 inch cake pans generously with cooking spray(very sticky batter) – Cook less than box mix times, since it’s 3 pans instead of 2 – Cool – Loosen thoroughly around edges & underneath – In bowl mix enough strawberry juice to make icing consistancy – Ice between layers and drizzle on top/sides – Decorate with a fanned strawberry on top and strawberry slices around cake.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment