This is from More from Magnolia bakery cookbook. It is a bakery in New York City that is famous for their vanilla cupcakes and banana pudding. I have both their cookbooks and all the recipes are awesome. My family goes crazy over this vanilla cake.
Magnolia’s Vanilla cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperture
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease, flour, and line pans as normal, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of a electric mixer, cream in butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scape down batter in bowl to make sure the ingerdients are well blended. Fill cake pans as normal. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes or 2 9 in layer cakes bake for 30-40 minutes.
I’m not sure. But is cake so I knwo their is alot of calories.