I had leftover Red Velvet cake batter left……I made about 2 dozen bite sized cake balls for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday……..they were gone in about 10 minutes!
- 2 cups crumbled cake scraps
- 2 Tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ( if cake scraps are not chocolate based)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, or any other nut you like, OR mini chocolate chips, M&M’s, get the idea! Smile
- 2 generous shots of amaretto ( or any other liquer you may like) OR a good non-alcohol subsitution is any flavored coffee creamer)
- * I used liquid French Vanilla*
- Put all ingredients in a mixer and mix on medium speed until the ingredients form a ball. If the mixture seems too dry, add a bit more of the liquid used to make it moist enough to form into balls.
- Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to make balls uniform in size. Roll te scooped dough in your hands to form a nice smooth ball. Allow cake balls to set on a parchment lined cookie sheet for a couple of hours, then dip in choclate or roll in confectioner’s sugar or cocoa.
- * I made them tiny, like 1 bite sized….you determine your sizes.*