I stumbled across this recipe in my great-grandmothers recipe book. Lots of ingredients, but oh, my are they worth it! The men at my husband’s squadron gobble these down in a matter of minutes!
Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter; softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in oats. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden. Do NOT overbake. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store in airtight container. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Lord, probably not good..LOL!
Hi, How many cookies does this recipe yield? Thanks
Login To Leave A Comment