I was hungry for lemon pound cake. Found a plain one that used cake mix as a base, so I adapted it for lemon pound cake- it is very tasty, moist, and dense. It would be perfect to bake in any 3-D cake pan.
Easy Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1- 8oz container sour cream
- 1- 18.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1) Preheat oven to 350′F and prepare your baking pan.
- 2) Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- 3) Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- 4) Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- 5) Add in water and sour cream, mix well.
- 6) Pour in vanilla pudding mix, mix well.
- 7) Next pour in packaged cake mix and all purpose flour.
- 8) Mix well together, batter will be quite thick.
- 9) Pour into prepare pan, and place into preheated oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until done. Check for doneness after first 50 minutes, and every additional 10 minutes as needed.
- **Notes: I mixed mine in a kitchenaid stand mixer on the lowest setting. I only stopped the stand mixer to add in the cake mix and flour. Continually scrape the sides so that the cake batter is well mixed.
- This cake bakes up nice and moist. It is very dense and would be a great recipe for baking in your 3-D cake pans. Lemon juice amount can be adjusted for taste, 2 teaspoons was just right for me.
Hi there, sound delish! Can you tell me roughly how many cups or batter it made or what size pan you used? Thanks :)
For a more lemony taste I like a 1/2 tsp more lemon juice and to use lemon pudding mix instead of vanilla. Wonderful recipe! Stands up to all kinds of decorating abuse, and delicious besides!
Hi, haven't used any pudding mix in cake before...do you put the dry mix in or do you mix the pudding and then add it to the mix?
Add the pudding mix dry. This sounds yummy.
Login To Leave A Comment