I was hungry for lemon pound cake. Found a plain one that used cake mix as a base, so I adapted it for lemon pound cake- it is very tasty, moist, and dense. It would be perfect to bake in any 3-D cake pan.
Easy Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1- 8oz container sour cream
- 1- 18.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1) Preheat oven to 350′F and prepare your baking pan.
- 2) Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- 3) Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- 4) Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- 5) Add in water and sour cream, mix well.
- 6) Pour in vanilla pudding mix, mix well.
- 7) Next pour in packaged cake mix and all purpose flour.
- 8) Mix well together, batter will be quite thick.
- 9) Pour into prepare pan, and place into preheated oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until done. Check for doneness after first 50 minutes, and every additional 10 minutes as needed.
- **Notes: I mixed mine in a kitchenaid stand mixer on the lowest setting. I only stopped the stand mixer to add in the cake mix and flour. Continually scrape the sides so that the cake batter is well mixed.
- This cake bakes up nice and moist. It is very dense and would be a great recipe for baking in your 3-D cake pans. Lemon juice amount can be adjusted for taste, 2 teaspoons was just right for me.