This covers a a 23cm(9 inch) round cake. Great for decorations.
- 60grams(2 oz) butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted ( approx)
- few drops of food colouring (optional)
- Can add flavourings
- Warm the fat and lemon juice in a pan until melted. Add 1 1/2 of icing sugar and heat gently, stirring until dissolved. When mix begins to simmer at the sides of the pan, increase heat slightly and cook for 2 minutes until it boils gently, do not over boil as icing will be too hard.
- Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon then put in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually mix in enough icing sugar to give a soft dough.
- Dust surface with with icing sugar and knead until smooth, add colourings and flavourings if needed.
- Wrap in cling film, will keep in fridge for about 6 weeks.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment