This recipe has been requested by several members so I decided to make it available to all…enjoy!
Charlota / Charlotte
- One 6 or 8 yellow/vanilla cake
- Bavarian cream frosting:
- Bavarian cream (bought or home made recipe below)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar (to your taste)
- 24-30 ladyfingers
- Fresh Kiwi sliced, Fresh Apricot sliced (or any other fruit you prefer)
- Apricot Glaze: (you need thin consistency. Add more nectar if you consider necessary)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ⅛ cup apricot nectar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice diluted in ½ cup water (you may also use 2 tbsp. of pineapple flavoring diluted in 2 cups of water)
- Cut cake in two equal layers. Pour pineapple juice/water on the cake until you are sure the cake is moist enough but with sufficient consistency to place one layer on top of the other. Fill/frost as shown below with the Bavarian cream frosting; frost sides as well.
- Place the ladyfingers around the cake with flat side to cake. Hold them together with a string or ribbon. Place fresh fruits on top and pour or brush with the apricot glaze. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 min for firmness.
- **Bavarian Cream (Home made, 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the gelatin and cold water. Set aside to soften. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt until smooth.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Stir a small amount into the egg yolk mixture, and then stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot milk until well blended. Whisk in the softened gelatin and vanilla. Run through a strainer, and allow to cool.
- 3. When the mixture has cooled almost to room temperature, whip the heavy cream to medium stiffness and fold into it. Refrigerate until ready to use.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment