Marble Baked Cheesecake
- Marble Baked Cheesecake
- 500 gm (1 lb or two 8 ounce packages) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 50 gm (2 oz) sugar
- 230 gm (8 oz) whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 120 g (4 oz) flour (all-purpose or plain)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 egg whites
- 120 g ( 4 oz) sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 50 gm (2 oz) baking chocolate
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1. Cream (A) until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add (B) and cream until smooth.
- 3. Add (C) and cream until well blended.
- 4. Add (D) and (E), mix until well combined. Set aside.
- 5. Whip the egg whites (F) until soft peaks form. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- 6. Thoroughly mix the egg white batter with the cream cheese mixture.
- 7. Melt the chocolate (G); then mix the milk in and mix well. Mix it with 200 gm (7 oz) of cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- 8. Lightly grease and line (with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper) the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan; then pour 1/3 of the plain cream cheese filling into the pan. Place some of the chocolate cream cheese filling on top of this and finish it off with the remaining plain cream cheese filling.
- 9. Place the remaining chocolate cream cheese filling into a paper piping bag and pipe straight line at the top of the cake. Using a skewer make a zig-zag pattern.
- 10. Bake cheesecake in a water bath at 150 degrees C/300 degrees F for 90 minutes or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cheesecake cool completely. Once cheesecake has cooled completely, release sides of springform pan and place cake on serving plate. Remove greaseproof baking paper from sides and bottom of cheesecake, slice and serve.
- Making a “plain” Cheesecake:
- If you like, can make the cheesecake “plain” by omitting ingredients (G)) and disregarding steps #7 – #9.
- Lining the Springform Pan:
- When you line the sides of the springform pan, the greaseproof paper must be at least 1-inch higher than the pan so that it makes it easier when removing the cake from the pan.
- If the egg white mixture in (F) is too stiff, it will not blend well with the cream cheese mixture. Having the oven too hot or over baking will cause the cake to crack.
- Makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment