This is a very easy, basic yellow cake mix. I use it all the time, everyone seems to like it. I bake and decorate cakes on the side for extra money and everyone compliments me on this cake.
Basic Yellow Cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- *Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 1. Grease bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and line with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 3. Cream sugar and butter together until light. Add eggs + vanilla to creamed mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 4. Add flour mix to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Continue beating one minute.
- 5. Spread batter evenly in prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.