It is just that time of year when harvest season is upon us. So why not make good use of your harvest! The nice thing about zucchini – you cab grate it and make 1 cup servings and freeze them. As you need zucchini, pull the serving sizes out of the freezer, thaw! So simple.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup oats, processed in food processor
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- 1 1/2 cups (about 5 oz.) grated zucchini, squeezed dried in paper towels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and zucchini.
REFRIGERATE dough for about an hour. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto parchment lines baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Store in single layers in tightly covered containers
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment