This recipe is a favorite of most of my customers. It is a decorating buttercream but may need to adjusted to your climate. It definitely has a yellowish c olor so it may alter your color choices. I hope you enjoy it. This amount will cover and decorate a 9″ or 10″layer cake .
- 4oz. soft butter or margerine
- 12 oz. Butter flavored shortning
- 2lb.(32 oz.) 10x powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup milk, cream or liquid creamer
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. pure vanilla
- Beat butter and shortning till creamy. Add the sugar. Mix salt with the cream to dissolve and add the vanilla. Add this liquid to the sugar and shortning mixture. Beat until fluffy.