Delight your family tonight with this scrumptious dessert from Kraft.
Eggnog Trifle with Strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package JELL-O French Vanilla or Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 4 tablespoons dark rum or orange juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) package pound cake
- 3 cups halved strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix, 2 tablespoons of the rum and nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping.
2 Slice cake horizontally into 4 layers. Sprinkle cake layers evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons rum. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
3 Place 1/2 of the cake cubes in bottom of 2-1/2- quart straight-sided bowl. Spoon 1/2 of the whipped topping mixture over cake cubes. Top with strawberries and almonds, reserving several for garnish, if desired. Layer remaining cake cubes and whipped topping mixture over strawberries. Garnish with reserved strawberries and almonds.
4 Refrigerate until ready to serve.