This decadent trifle is made without sin, by using fat-free and sugar-free ingredients. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™ Diabetic recipe collection. The complete Diabetic recipe collection is available by subscription only.
Black Forest Trifle
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet ‘N Low)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) box chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
1 Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, cut into cubes.
2 Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
3 Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
4 Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with chocolate curls. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment