I got this recipe from a book (sorry I don’t remember which one) and per my family and co-workers, this cake has a delicious not-empowering lemon flavor. I had tried other lemon recipes, but I have to say this is the best yet. This cake is moist and delicious. I hope everyone enjoys.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour ( I use unbleached)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoon LORANN Lemon Bakery Emulsion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar plus enough milk to measure 1 cup
Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 6 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Beat butter in mixer on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds.
Add sugar, and lemon flavoring untill light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low after each addition just until combined.
Spread into 3 8×2 or 2 9×2 pans.
Bake for about 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
Beat lemon flavoring, cream cheese, and butter untill light and fluffy, gradually add powdered sugar untill frosting reaches spreading consistency.