Cake Central Throwdown...what Happened......

Decorating By Nickii Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 10:22am by wgoat5

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 11:08am
post #1 of 29

to the post. I was trying to watch the topic when the site went down for me and now it says the post does not exist...OH NO!!!!!! I really wanna see what wonderful cakes they come up with. Anyone else having this problem? icon_confused.gif

28 replies
fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 11:26am
post #2 of 29

Most all of my watched topics say they dont exist!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 29

there was a database crash last night. we are working on trying to restore it.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:55am
post #4 of 29

Obviously we'll all have to wait and see what can be restored. I feel for you Heath and Jackie. I'm sure this is a major headache for you two. I'll just patiently wait and see. Good luck!

I have enough, well some days too much, to deal with just with my little ole pc. UGH!! I hope we don't see a lot of whining about this people. Let's just be patient and let them do what they can do.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:11am
post #5 of 29

We will not be able to restore any content that is not already restored at this moment. We have spent the last nearly 36 hours attempting data recovery. There is nothing further that can be done, the missing posts were corrupted beyond recovery.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:16am
post #6 of 29

I'm sorry to hear that, however life happens and I'm sure before too long, we'll all recover. Still the best site on the net.

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:37am
post #7 of 29

o well, It must be a stressfull night for you guys.
Don't worry, it is what it is and there are far more bad things in live that can happen than this one.
I'm sure a lot of topics will start again ! icon_smile.gif

daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:42am
post #8 of 29

Sorry you guys had all that trouble Heath. I have a little comp savvy in me and I know how it feels. I've missed this site for a couple of weeks, I felt like a drug addict looking for a fix icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif . But I'm glad your back up now!!!!!

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 29

I am sorry!!! I can't imagine what yall have been going through over the past 36 hours. I am glad to see the site back up and running. Still the best site around.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #10 of 29

Thank you Jackie and Heath for all of your hard work!! I'm sure that it won't bother anyone to simply re-ask a question about a topic they wanted to learn more about... icon_biggrin.gif

There is no place like CC. It is probably the most valuble tool I have for cake decorating.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 29

I will have Teekakes repost the rules for the Throw Down on another post icon_biggrin.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 8:16pm
post #12 of 29

when will the photos be posted???

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:08pm
post #13 of 29

You two are the reason for the crash! You and your smack talking, the servers couldn't handle it!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 4:14am
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I will have Teekakes repost the rules for the Throw Down on another post icon_biggrin.gif

Just got home from visiting our daughters and am thrilled THRILLED THRILLED to see CC back up and running! God bless you, Heath and Jackie, for all you have gone through. Thank you for all you have done!

I have already posted a new thread with the Throw Down rules here, http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5857437-.html#5857437 Thank God I saved a copy of them on my computer!!

Yep, all that smack talk must have crashed the system.....Christi, you should be sooooooooooooooooo ashamed of yourself for that!! icon_lol.gif
Sure hope you are working hard on your TD cake..............

shhh.gif I'll tell you a secret. I haven't even started on my TD cake yet but don't tell Christi that! icon_wink.gif

It is soooooooo good to have CC back! icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:39am
post #15 of 29

icon_smile.gif Glad to see you back and I hope your daughter is doing well!!!

Don't let Lea fool you ...she is the true reason (don't you know Lea that people are going to come searching for me if they think I am the culprit??? LMAO) for the crash....

<------ is started cause I KNOW you are going to pull off flowers for this!!!

icon_wink.gif

Have a wonderful day CC!!!

Christi

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:26pm
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

icon_smile.gif Glad to see you back and I hope your daughter is doing well!!!

Don't let Lea fool you ...she is the true reason (don't you know Lea that people are going to come searching for me if they think I am the culprit??? LMAO) for the crash....

<------ is started cause I KNOW you are going to pull off flowers for this!!!

icon_wink.gif

Have a wonderful day CC!!!

Christi

icon_surprised.gif Pull flowers off out of my garden maybe! icon_lol.gif All I have done is the cake idea narrowed down to two themes..........just can't make up my mind between "cutsie" and "serious". icon_confused.gif

They are searching for you now, RIGHT NOW! Better run to the bunny patch and hide!!!

Daughter is doing terrific thanks to modern medicine and her behaving as she should. Still having to go over everyday and help her shower but other than that she is coming along well and becoming quite efficient on her own. Still can't drive and won't for another week or two. Took her out window shopping and for a breath of fresh air all of yesterday afternoon...........she was worn out but in a good way. Dr said walk walk and walk some more so that is what we are doing. She can sit for up to 20 minutes and that is it........long road to recovery but so far a good one. icon_biggrin.gif
Heading back over there now so catch you later on............so glad to be back on CC even if it is for only one or two posts and a quick peek at all your gorgeous works out there!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:34pm
post #17 of 29

Thank goodness there is another thread back about the throw down. Just when I found the first thread, and found out what this throw down was about...we lost it (greatful that we didn't lose CC). I got to post on that thread, but didn't get to read any replys after my post.

So how is it going Lea & Christi? Got your ideas already pick out? I also to have to wonder, if maybe it was all the trash talking going on between you two ladies icon_lol.gif I can't wait to see what each of you do.

Lea, so good to hear your daughter is doing better, I'll say a prayer for her... and it is so good to see back, even if it is for a few post & peeks. You'll be back full time before you know it. Tell your DD we here are sending well wishes for a fast and wonderful recover.

Oh and by the way Lea, I have notice your ticker, with each and every passing day I get more & more green with envy icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Good Luck! Lea & Christi in the throw down.
God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:13am
post #18 of 29

Dont forget to watch Saturday for the pics and the poll icon_wink.gif

icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:27am
post #19 of 29

Thanks Christi, I am counting down the days. Can't wait to see what you two ladies came up with.

Good Luck again to the both of you thumbs_up.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:33pm
post #20 of 29

Today is the big day ladies and gents icon_smile.gif

Waiting for Mrs. Teekakes to get back with me icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:34pm
post #21 of 29

I can't wait to see the cakes!

I forgot...is voting open to the public? How is the winner going to be decided?

Sherri

grannys3angels Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:20pm
post #22 of 29

Yes Sherri, we can all vote...and as far as I know, the pics are to be up today for voting. I can't wait to see them, this sounds like so much fun icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #23 of 29

Hello Ladies icon_smile.gif

Yes the voting is up to everone that wants to participate, it will be like a poll and please FEEL FREE to comment and critique the cakes, nothing personal will be taken because we want to learn what we do wrong ok? icon_smile.gif

I just hope Lea is ok...we haven't heard from her

Christi

grannys3angels Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:06pm
post #24 of 29

Thanks Christi for the up dated info on the Throw Down. I sure hope Lea is o.k. also and that her daughter is doing well.

Do you have any idea what time pics will be up for voting? Please let us know if you hear anything from Lea.

God Bless & Good Luck to you both,
Sharon

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:34pm
post #25 of 29

oh! So, ANYONE can vote! Cool! I thought you had to be challenged or on a list or something! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

wgoat5 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:43pm
post #26 of 29

Ok girls here it is..... Lea AKA Teekakes had a emergency with her daughter and is running late. I don't know the exact time that it will be posted but keep watching ok? Poor thing is having a hard time...

grannys3angels Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:33pm
post #27 of 29

Well God Bless her heart, I hope all is o.k., I'll pray for her DD and Lea also. Tell her to take all the time she needs, we all understand thumbs_up.gif

Thanks Christi for up dating us, Lea is such a sweety and really pray all goes well for them.

God Bless,
Sharon

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 6:55am
post #28 of 29

any news yet on how Lea is?

wgoat5 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:22am
post #29 of 29

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%