Take A Look!

Decorating By StephW Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 5:31pm by StephW

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:57am
post #1 of 43

This is a cake shop not too far from me. They do some amazing work!!

http://www.whiteflowercake.com/index.html

42 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:00am
post #2 of 43

Wow! What an elegant looking shop! The cakes are beautiful.

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:01am
post #3 of 43

Fancy schmancy!

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:07am
post #4 of 43

WOW icon_eek.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:13am
post #5 of 43

That storefront is beautiful.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #6 of 43

Yeah they do some really nice work. Bet they charge alot too especially being up around Cleveland and the shop they have can't be cheap....

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #7 of 43

WOW! Thanks for sharing!

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:16am
post #8 of 43

Wow! Their work is amazing. There is alot of talent there. That is what I am striving for... icon_lol.gif Nice looking shop too!

jayme1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayme1980 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:20am
post #9 of 43

Nice!!!! The store is awesome looking!

StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:22am
post #10 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbenjr

Wow! Their work is amazing. There is alot of talent there. That is what I am striving for... icon_lol.gif Nice looking shop too!

I agree. I am a little envious. My work isn't even a 10th as good as what they do, but I would sure love to be doing cakes now instead of my current job! They had them on one of the local news shows this morning... they are two girls... look to be in their 20s. I had no clue what I wanted to do in my 20s... let alone owning a cake shop like THAT!

MikkelPaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikkelPaige Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:25am
post #11 of 43

Wow! What a great place for inspiration!

I can't imagine what their rent is a month for that store! Haha!

I will have to keep this in my "favorites" of cake websites. My boyfriend's from that area so I hope to be there sometime this year!

Thanks for sharing!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:26am
post #12 of 43

That's one of the coolest looking shops I've ever seen! I would LOVE to have a shop that's all black and white....really makes their cakes POP! Thanks for sharing the link....wish I didn't live so far from Cleveland....may just have to take a road trip!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:34am
post #13 of 43

That shop is about 30 minutes from me! Wow! Didn't know it was even there. It hit me when I saw a cake made for a Cav's basketball player. LOL! Thanks for posting!

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #14 of 43

What show were they on? I never watch morning TV, but I had a sick kid home from school and was watching Good Cleveland (I think that's the name) and the show with Robin Svoboda (I think that's her name...LOL!).

Just saw the address....they are in LaPlace. Their rent must be a fortune!

From their FAQ:

"What is your pricing?
Pricing on our wedding cakes is based primarily on the complexity of the design and ranges in price from $5 per slice to $25 per slice."

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.giftapedshut.gif

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #15 of 43

WOW!! That looks soooo cool. I wish I could just walk around and get inspired. I could never do the cakes, but it is always fun to look at them. Thanks for sharing!

cambo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

That shop is about 30 minutes from me! Wow! Didn't know it was even there. It hit me when I saw a cake made for a Cav's basketball player. LOL! Thanks for posting!

I'm so jealous! I just asked my hubbie if he'd like to take a road trip with me! I would love to visit their shop! I'm just in awe!

cambo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:39am
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Just saw the address....they are in LaPlace. Their rent must be a fortune!

Is their store in an upper-scale mall? It looks like it from the picture of them on opening night!

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:44am
post #18 of 43

How "chic' and fabulous. Oh am I jealous, I think I'll remove all my photos now. Did you see that mosaic cake in the wedding cake gallery? That is one of the coolest cakes I've ever seen. I hope there are enough people up there to afford $5.00 - $25.00 a serving. I'm book marking that site, it's beautiful and we wish them well in their new shoppe. Oh, just thought of something, if I were one of them, then my signature would be completely accurate. icon_cry.gif

StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:45am
post #19 of 43

They are in Beachwood - not a cheap area at all.

Cambo - where is Brookville?

Michelle - they were on the Kickin It With Kenny segment on Fox 8 news this morning... I don't know if they call that program something else or not... but it's on early.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:50am
post #20 of 43

Wow! Maybe they just looked young for their age, I had no clue either at 20 (still don't). icon_surprised.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:50am
post #21 of 43

I've seen that part of the news before. Darn it. Probably just missed it while I was surfing around.

I grew up in Bedford and Beachwood was the closest "nice" mall. They can definitely get that price in that area. I was looked down upon many a time in that town (I went through a grunge/goth/skater girl kinda phase in high school in the 90s, didn't go over too well with the ladies in Beachwood and their fur coats at the mall!) Now I have a new excuse to head over the direction! Where are you StephW?

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:59am
post #22 of 43

icon_eek.gif Beautiful cakes, and thank you for sharing

StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:06am
post #23 of 43

Michelle, I live out east in the far end of Lake County. But I work in Mayfield. I even worked in Beachwood for a while... but that was about 10 years ago.

I need to visit too. I think they sell their cakes by the slice for tasting. The wedding cakes I mean - I think I read that. I'm sure they are not decorated very fancy for the tasting, but would still like to check it out!

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #24 of 43

Amazing cakes! Thanks for the link... into my favorites it goes.

StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:24am
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonicakes

Oh, just thought of something, if I were one of them, then my signature would be completely accurate. icon_cry.gif

I just read your post. Too funny!!!

There are some very ritzy areas around and they are in one for sure! They also must have the attention of some big names as they made a cake for LeBron James of the Cavaliers!

I hope they do well too!

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:29am
post #26 of 43

Wow! I wish them well! They are gourgeous, but the overhead is !!!! too!

Alickert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alickert Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:36am
post #27 of 43

It won't let me see the whole picture of any of them. i click an them and nothing happens. I have tried the right click thing and all. I really wanna see! icon_cry.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:38am
post #28 of 43

It's so nice to meet Ohio people! I hope no one thinks I'm being nosey when I ask where they are. I used to have my city in my profile, but then I get paranoid when the topic came up about googling and finding posts from CC. I'm a goof.

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:41am
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alickert

It won't let me see the whole picture of any of them. i click an them and nothing happens. I have tried the right click thing and all. I really wanna see! icon_cry.gif

Do you have a pop-up blocker on?

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:43am
post #30 of 43

Wowee!! This is an art gallery!! I bet they don't even get flour or powdered sugar on their aprons, can you imagine??

Very cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%