Cake Pans

Decorating By CakesbyKimmie Updated 17 Oct 2005 , 3:30am by Cake_Princess

CakesbyKimmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKimmie Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if a Wilton Cake pan would be worth more if it is an older model? I am going to be selling some cake pans on ebay that are doubles and one of my doubles are the same pans but one is from 1974 and the other 1998? Just curious as to which one I should sell. The 1974 is used and the 1998 new?

5 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:00am
post #2 of 6

I dont think it is as much the age but the rarity and/or if it is discontinued... I have some older ones I got for $3 and some for $10.. It all really depends HTH

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

I don't know about value, but it seems to me that the older Wilton pans are a little heavier and sturdier. The last one I bought new (the football) bends with just the slightest effort, it is so lightweight. Personally I think I'd prefer an older one in good condition over a new one. Janice

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:12am
post #4 of 6

I don't think age really have anything to do with the price.

It's what is hot @ the moment.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:22am
post #5 of 6

I think it also depends on how difficult the pan is to buy. There are some pans that are just hard to find. I have tried several times to buy the bowling pin cake pan on ebay. And I always get outbid...and then it seems like I don't see another one for a while. Good luck...which pans are you selling??? icon_smile.gif
traci

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:30am
post #6 of 6

Its all about supply and demand. The harder it is to find a pan the more the pan tends to go for. If there are 40 round pans on the market then they are more likely to be cheaper than say a pan where only 2 or 3 are available.

Unless someone is driving the cost of the pan up due to:
1. Not knowing the true value leading to over-bidding.
2. Driving the price up so their friend can make a decent profit.

Princess

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%