How To Pipe A Horse?

Decorating By osci03 Updated 12 Oct 2005 , 6:28pm by osci03

osci03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osci03 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 9

My dil wants to make horses on my grandson's bd cupcakes. Anybody know how to do a horse? I looked at the wilton site and found a cows head and I think she could kind of go by that if nothing else. Thanks.
Cathy
Oh, the wedding was great! My sheet cakes were a big hit because the actual wedding cake we bought was awful. No taste and it looked like the leaning tower. That was the only disappointment in the whole day.

8 replies
cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 12:39am
post #2 of 9

If you can find a picture of a horse maybe you could make a piping gel transfer on your cake. Then you could just fill in the outline with buttercream stars.

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 12:18am
post #3 of 9

You can get a lot of good transfers from coloring books. Just trace the outline onto wax paper or something. Lot of folks would'nt think it but coloring books are full of transfers.

osci03 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 1:49am
post #4 of 9

Thanks! I didn't realize I had any replies! Hadn't gotten any emails about it. I'll pass on the info to her.
Cathy

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 10:07am
post #5 of 9

There's an article in The American Cake Mag. for a full unicorn. I'm sure you could just follow the directions for the head, minus the horn. I think it would be the Sept/Oct issue

osci03 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 10:42am
post #6 of 9

I'm not familiar with that magazine. Is it an online one or one I would have to purchase somewhere? We have a cake supply store in Louisville but I'm not sure if he carries magazines. Thanks.
Cathy

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 9

You could ask but mostly I found you have to have a subscription. Sorry, I would post but don't think it's allowed. Maybe I could explain some details?

Wilton yearbooks would probably be easier to get a hold of and you could just change the technique to a horse if you found one close enough.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 9

She could just do a Chocolate transfer. That's what I did on one of my cakes and it was really easy. Would be great for cupcakes. Check it out in my pictures.

osci03 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 9

I'll have her check the wilton books and then she can opt for a coloring book. I'm thinking just go with another idea at this point. Birthday is tomorrow.
Thanks again everybody!
Cathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%