Cake Keeps Sinking :( I'm Fed Up

Baking By Itsabakerslife Updated 25 Jun 2017 , 3:46am by aldonza

Itsabakerslife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Itsabakerslife Posted 25 Jun 2017 , 1:02am
post #1 of 3

Hi. I just don't get it. I've been baking the same vanilla sponge recipe for ages. And for the past few months its just been failing me. After about 15 minutes in the oven, it just sinks. The middle of the cake disappears. I've bought an oven thermometer, and the temp stays pretty constant. I've changed up the cake tins, and I've also made sure that the baking powder isn't out of date. The eggs are the same eggs I've used for years. But it still sinks. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you x

2 replies
LilacFairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilacFairy Posted 25 Jun 2017 , 3:25am
post #2 of 3

Hi!

You said, "After about 15 minutes in the oven, it just sinks."  I assume you don't open the oven then?  If you do, that could be the problem.  I guess it might be the climate?  because we are just into summer and such.  Other than that... It might be the oven has changed, but is staying consistently changed?  I can understand how you could be frustrated when you've been making the recipe for so long.  Let me know if anything changes!

- Shelby

ptL

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 25 Jun 2017 , 3:46am
post #3 of 3

Even though your baking powder may not be out of date I would definitely get another one because it may not be as "fresh." It worked for me when I was having a problem. It's worth a shot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%